TRAINING OF MENTORS
All mentors must meet certain criteria to be admitted to the CHHA-BC Online Hearing Loss Mentoring Program.
- These criteria include being a member of CHHA; a resident of B.C.;
- have a hearing loss and some length of experience in wearing a hearing device (hearing aid, cochlear implant. BAHA) experience using assistive listening devices;
- education and or training in coping strategies for managing hearing loss;
- comfortable and familiar with using the internet;
- must then take the Mentor Training provided by CHHA-BC, for this program.
- must also commit to a full year of mentoring, and to being regularly available in their own private chat room.
- must also pass a Criminal Record Check before being accepted into the program.
If you want to become a mentor, contact OMPmanager@chha-bc.org.