Participants in the program must agree to the following rules of conduct:
- Establish a schedule of communications, for example once a week or other.
- Keep strictly confidential all information shared and obtained as a result of the mentoring process.Not discuss or share any such information outside of the mentoring situation under any circumstances unless agreed upon, in advance, by all parties concerned.
- Always be respectful of one another.
- When posting messages in the chatroom, do not reveal anything about yourself that you would not feel comfortable revealing to a stranger you met on the street.
- Do not exchange telephone numbers, email addresses, instant messenger screen names, or mailing addresses with their mentees, or send each other email attachments.
- Do not post or promote content that is illegal; post or link to content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, or sexually explicit.
- Do not pretend to be anyone whom they are not.
- Refrain from requesting meetings with your mentor, unless the meeting is arranged by a volunteer supervisor of the program.